Wednesday, February 06, 2008

New Playlist: The Indie Rock Sing-Along

Nothing is as sweet as an indie rock tune sung at the top of your lungs at every red light between home and work... here are 30 of my favorites. They're not the most polished tunes, just the most singable!

1. Tournament of Hearts - The Weakerthans
2. Cruel - Farewell Flight
3. Elephant - Page France
4. And We All Return to Our Roots - The Forecast
5. Promise - Pedro the Lion
6. Cannon-Fire Orange - Poor Old Lu
7. Underwater - Switchfoot
8. When I Learn to Sing - Starflyer 59
9. Tow Truck/Vacancy/Chicane Cardigan Smile - Blenderhead
10. When They Really Get to Know You They Will Run - Pedro the Lion
11. Smooth Death - Danielson Famile
12. A Friend I Had - Aaron Sprinkle
13. Young Businessmens Psykick Makeout - Soul-Junk
14. Simple Green - The Merbabies
15. Taxidermy - Sappo
16. Joy I Had Was Joy I Sold - Poor Old Lu
17. Glorietta - Mourning September
18. Coin-Laundry Loser - Twothirtyeight
19. At This Particular Moment In Time - PlayRadioPlay!
20. Chem 6A - Switchfoot
21. Simple Economics - Pedro the Lion
22. Freak Show - Pep Squad
23. Plea from a Cat Named Virtue - The Weakerthans
24. Ring True - Poor Old Lu
25. Stars and Stripes Forever, Baby - Veterans Radio
26. Haunted Church - Rose Blossom Punch
27. Aside - The Weakerthans
28. Jesus - Page France
29. Twenty-Four - Switchfoot
30. Skin - Vigilantes of Love

OK... so some of the songs drifted out of purist indie rock territory. Their singability factor justifies such departure! Also, "Stars and Stripes Forever, Baby!" isn't the easiest to sing along with, but it's an INCREDIBLE indie rock song... one of my all-time favorites. I won't mention that I played guitar in Veterans Radio (oops... did I write that out loud?) I didn't play on that recording, though.

No comments: